Search Assistance

Information & Advocacy Program, North Shore Disability Resource Centre

Address: 3158 Mountain Highway 
North Vancouver  V7K 2H5
Phone: 604-985-5371
Fax: 604-985-7594 

The North Shore Disability Resource Centre (NSDRC) provides free advocacy and information services to individuals with any disability and their families/caregivers seeking to access services or programs. They also provide information to professionals for their clients, and to the general public. Assists with PWD applications and Reconsiderations, CPP Disabiltiy, OAS and GIS forms, and Disabiltiy Tax credits etc; Assists with housing forms from BC Housing, Seniors and Non-Profit Housing Providers.

NSDRC also provides information to all levels of government to ensure awareness of issues facing people with disabilities, their caregivers, and the community.

* Open referrals *


Seniors Services Society’s – Housing

Address: 750 Carnarvon St,
New Westminster, BC V3M 1E6
Phone: 604-520-6621

Seniors Services Society provides information on housing options for seniors (60+). We are not a housing provider nor are we able to provide housing placements; however we have experienced and knowledgeable staff who can provide information that will help you to find appropriate housing. Seniors Services Society is the only non-profit society working specifically with seniors to assist them in finding appropriate housing.


Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA)

Address: North and West Vancouver Branch
Suite 300 – 1835 Lonsdale Ave
North Vancouver, BC V7M 2J8
Phone: 604-987-6959
Fax: 604-980-0336

The Canadian Mental Health Association provides mental health promotion and mental illness recovery-focused programs and services for people of all ages and their families. They provide services in areas of counselling, youth, campus, employment, housing, workplace, and community training.


Voice of the Cerebral Palsied of Greater Vancouver (VCP)

Address: 2251 Kingsway 
Vancouver BC  V5N 2T6
Tel: 604-874-1741
Fax: 604- 874-1746

The Voice of the Cerebral Palsied of Greater Vancouver is a self-help support society formed in the firm belief that Cerebral Palsied (CP) adults are the only experts on their own needs and aspirations. The VCP is controlled and operated solely by adults with Cerebral Palsy and other birth defects. It is the only organization in B. C. which truly represents Cerebral Palsied people. The VCP was formed to provide a continuum of services and programs necessary to assist Cerebral Palsied individuals in developing the skills and confidence to assume a productive and meaningful role in society.

Services they provide:

– Computer Services
– Newsletter
– Registry Program
– Outreach
– Job Development
– Project Development
– Housing Development


Spinal Cord Injury BC (formerly BC Paraplegic Association)

Address: 780 South West Marine Drive 
Vancouver  V6E 4A4
Phone: 604-324-3611

Formerly known as the BC Paraplegic Association, Spinal Cord Injury BC (SCI BC) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping people with spinal cord injuries, and related disabilities, adjust, adapt and thrive.

Whether someone needs help finding accessible housing, meaningful employment, special equipment and any other resources about living with a physical disability in BC, we’re here to help.


Veterans Affairs Canada

Address: 605 Robson Street, Suite 900,
Vancouver BC V6B 5J3
Phone: Office – 866-522-2122
Counselling and Referral Service
Call toll-free: 1-800-268-7708
TDD/TTY: 1-800-567-5803

Veterans Affairs Canada is funded by the government of Canada and provides many services to support their veterans including:

Pension for Life
Benefits Navigator
Mental Health Support Service
Counselling and Referral Service


Community Living BC Home Share

Address: 7th Floor, Airport Square 1200 – West 73rd Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6P 6G5
Phone: 604-664-0101 – Toll free: 1-877-660-2522
Fax: 604-664-0765

Home sharing is delivered throughout the province by a network of home sharing providers that are under direct contract with CLBC and by those under contract with qualified community-based agencies. Agencies that offer home sharing as part of an array of residential options are responsible for:

– implementation of standards for home sharing
– monitoring individual and program outcomes
– operations and administration of services
– recruitment, retention, and support of the home sharing network
– crisis response
– complaint resolution

CLBC generally enters into new direct contracts with home sharing providers only if there are no qualified home sharing agencies in the community or if an individual/family specifically requests that CLBC oversee the service.


Decrease font size      Increase font size      Get ADOBE Reader® button