Position Title: Part-Time Care Aide
Independent female with a spinal cord injury is looking for a care aide to cover ongoing morning shifts five days per week. Start time is 7:00 a.m. and shifts are generally 3.5 – 4 hours. Depending on availability, I am open to splitting the 5 days between two people.
PLEASE NOTE – you will need a car as transit is not good in my area.
My morning routine involves all aspects of personal care, including transfers using a ceiling lift, catheter and bowel care and help with showering and dressing. There is very light meal preparation (cold breakfast) and some light housekeeping as well.
– Responsible, reliable, punctual and trustworthy
– Healthy and physically fit
– Comfortable being directed while learning the job
– Able to use their own initiative once they have learned the routine
– Able to manage their time well
– Ideally able to have some flexibility for occasional schedule changes and relief shifts
– Able to provide a current criminal record check
This is a physical job but the individual tasks are not difficult. It is a matter of learning the routine and becoming familiar with the details. Training is provided. If you have experience working with people with disabilities that is an asset, but it’s not mandatory.
In the past this job has worked well for those looking to add extra hours and income to existing employment. If you are interested please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief cover letter and your resume. Thank you!