Are you looking for meaningful work with individuals with disabilities and their families across a variety of settings? Are you looking for a way to get involved in truly impactful work? If you have answered yes to the questions above, the North Shore Disability Resource Centre (NSDRC) may be the place for you.
About the North Shore Disability Resource Centre (NSDRC):
The NSDRC provides innovative programs, services, housing and support to individuals with disabilities from infancy through adulthood. Our vision is one where every person can fully and actively participate in their community.
As an organization, we are evolving in exciting ways and we are seeking a full-time program manager to join our committed and dynamic team.
Date Posted: September 8, 2022 Date Closed: September 23, 2022
Title: Program Manager
Department: Community Based Services
Reports to: Director, Community Based Service
Purpose of Position: Within a team structure, supervise, manage and coordinate all aspects of service provision to participants, their networks, funders and community.
Hours of Work: Varied, includes evenings & weekends
Total per Week: 37.5 hours
Pay Range: $26.56 to start based on experience.
Expected Start Date: October 3, 2022
Education / Experience:
Post Secondary Certificate in related field, a minimum of one-year supervisory experience & two years direct experience supporting people with disabilities.
High School Certificate, related Human Service courses plus a minimum of three years employment providing direct support to adults with disabilities.
Skills & Knowledge:
- experience &/or knowledge of issues affecting people with disabilities
- commitment to values & philosophy of NSDRC
- well developed communication skills
- demonstrated team building & leadership skills
- multi-task & financial management skills knowledge of non-profit structure, government, community resources/networks
- ability to deal with change, stress & responsibility
- effective time management skills
- ability to be flexible & receive feedback
- minimum of intermediate level computer literacy
- knowledge of quality assurance, care & funding structures
- car & valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License
- current Emergency Level First Aid, or equivalent
- current CPR Level A Certificate, or equivalent
- clear Criminal Record Search
- negative TB Test, or a clear chest x-ray
- Medical Doctor’s Note of good health
- Crisis Prevention Certification
Responsibilities: Refer to attached Job Description for details.
Job Description – Program Manager Community Based Services
All resumes and cover letters attention Kathleen Jessop, email@example.com
Indigenous applicants, members of the BIPOC community, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process.
The NSDRC acknowledges the ancestral, traditional and unceded Aboriginal territories of the Coast Salish Peoples, and in particular, the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish),Stó:lō and səlil̓wətaʔɬ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations on whose territory we work, live and play.