Are you looking for meaningful work with an organization that supports individuals with disabilities and their families across a variety of settings? Are you looking for a way to get involved in truly impactful work? If you have answered yes to the questions above, the North Shore Disability Resource Centre (NSDRC) may be the place for you.
The NSDRC provides innovative programs, services, housing, and support to individuals with disabilities from infancy through adulthood. Our vision is one where every person can fully and actively participate in their community.
NSDRC is seeking a Payroll & Benefits Assistant to join our committed and dynamic team who will take the lead in processing our full-cycle payroll for 200+ union, non-union and exempt employees. If you have a strong customer service focus, are detail-oriented, and have payroll and benefits administration experience with a mid-sized organization, then we may be a perfect fit for you.
As the Payroll & Benefits Assistant…
- You fully understand the steps involved in an employee’s life cycle within an organization and can navigate cloud based HRM and on-line systems in that effort.
- You are a whiz when it comes to interpreting and applying provincial legislation, rules, systems and collective agreements.
- You liaise with and provide information to employees throughout the organization and external stakeholders with ease and certainty.
- You administer and report on the company pension plans like a boss.
- You can easily extract data from the payroll system to build on reports and spreadsheets to deliver on deadline or just to make someone’s day that much better!
- You possess superior computer and software application user skills in Microsoft Office, Dayforce HCM or other WFM/HRS applications, and Data management systems.
We are looking for someone who can…
- Plan and prioritize a detailed, high-volume workload while ensuring accuracy and hitting deadlines.
Actively listen to obtain relevant facts and clearly explain information to individuals with varying levels of understanding.
- Communicate confidently to internal and external clients in a courteous, positive manner.
- Analyze information and investigate problems to achieve an appropriate and timely solution.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals across the organization.
- Provide quality customer service exhibiting diplomacy, professionalism, particularly in resolving a problem or complaint.
Your experience and educational background…
PCP (Payroll Compliance Practitioner) certification, and a minimum of one year of experience in full-cycle payroll processing, working with a mid-sized, complex payroll system.
Grade 12 supplemented by courses from the Canadian Payroll Association or other relevant post-secondary courses may be considered.
We will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience, as long as there is experience.
Jumping in the trenches with us…
We offer competitive wages, health & welfare benefits, great paid time off plans, but we also offer unlimited free hot beverages such as coffee, tea, or hot chocolate (how can you say no now?).
The position will be at least 3.5 days a week (Monday through Friday) daytime hours, for a total of at least 26.0 working hours.
We also have a desk for you – we did not sell the building. We will consider a hybrid model once you are fully trained offering you the opportunity to work part remote, based on the operational needs of this position and as agreed to.
Indigenous applicants, members of the BIPOC community, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If necessary, accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Send your resume and include a cover letter in application of this position to:
- Susan Hokanson, Human Resources Manager – email@example.com
Deadline for submitting is: June 24, 2022
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Job Classification: Management/Exempt – Permanent Part-time
Salary Range: $ 20.00 – $ 26.00 per hour (commensurate with experience)