The NSDRC Supported Living Program is currently seeking a qualified/experienced Community Housing and Inclusion Program Manager to supervise, manage and coordinate, within a team structure, all aspects of service provision to the participants, their support networks, funders and the community within 37.5 hours per week on a permanent basis.
application deadline: open until filled
start date: March 1, 2021 (negotiable)
pay: Salary position $53,700-$64,000/annum, position includes a great benefit package upon successful completion of probationary period
• Clear Criminal Record Search
• MCFD Hub Review including vulnerable citizens Criminal Record Search
• Current First Aid and CPR
• Negative TB test or clear chest x-ray
• Doctor’s Medical Note of good health
• Class 4 driver’s License
• Current Non-Violent Crisis Prevention and Intervention Certificate
• A vehicle is an asset
University degree or Post Secondary Certificate in related field, a minimum of two years supervisory experience and two years direct experience supporting people with disabilities.
High School Certificate, related Human Service courses plus a minimum of three years employment providing direct support to children with disabilities.
Skills and Knowledge
The successful candidate will possess:
• Commitment to values and philosophy of the NSDRC and team building principles
• Well-developed and effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Effective time management
• Financial management
• Computer literacy
• Multitasking skills
• The ability to deal with change, stress and responsibility
• Experience, knowledge, and the ability to interact effectively with individuals and their advocates
• Knowledge of current Community Care and Assisted Living Act*
• Knowledge of quality assurance, care and funding structures
Expressions of interest, including an updated resumé and a cover letter describing how you meet or exceed the above-noted qualifications, must be received by Kim Miles at email@example.com no later than February 22, 2021.
Resumés without a cover letter will not be considered. Candidates who lack the basic experience and qualifications set out in the posting will not be considered.